Community Solar is ideal for individual members who:
- Rent or lease their property but would like solar
- Have inadequate space, orientation, or too much shading
- Cannot budget an entire private system at this time
How Community Solar Works
- Members of a community who would like to participate in solar can invest different amounts toward a shared solar electric system on a public facility (e.g., a fire station).
- The solar energy savings produced by the installed solar array become revenue for the community solar subscribers.
- That revenue is returned to the community solar subscribers proportionate to their investment. For example, if the fire station spends $200 a month on energy, and the solar array provides half of that energy every month, then the solar energy savings are $100 and would be returned proportionately. The fire station benefits from using clean, renewable energy and can even receive rent for the roof space!
Get Involved Today!
- Want to join a solar community?
- How about start your own solar garden?
- Would you like to help advocate community solar?
- Do you have questions about Community Solar?