USDA Rural Energy for America Program
Solar for Farms, Vineyards and Rural Businesses
Prospect Solar would like to present an exciting opportunity courtesy of the United States Department of Agriculture. The USDA is currently offering a Grant called the Rural Energy for America Program, or REAP.
The REAP Grant is an initiative to provide advanced energy resources (such as solar) to rural small businesses and agricultural producers by providing those who qualify 25% of the total purchase price.
As part of our REAP program contract, Prospect Solar will provide grant-writing services on your behalf-meaning you don’t have to worry about long hours of paperwork!
With Solar for your Vineyard, Small Business, or Farm, you can:
- Reduce your Energy Costs and Increase Profit
- Claim 30% of the Purchase Price as a Federal Tax Credit
- Depreciate the Equipment on a 5 Year Schedule
- Insulate Against Rising Energy Costs and Increase Property Value
- Utilize Multiple Equipment Options and 25 Year Warranties
- Take Advantage of Green Marketing and Increased Brand Visibility
Featured REAP Program Project Completed by Prospect Solar.
41kW Solar Powered Distillery
- First distillery in Purcellville, VA since prohibition. Certified Organic and Kosher.
- Utilizes a ballast mounted 41kW Solar Array consisting of (158) 260 Watt Solar Panels.
- Professionally engineered to use zero (0) roof penetrations.
- Offsets approximately 65% of electricity bill; equal to 4-5 homes average use.
- With REAP Grant and Federal Tax Credit, under 10 Year Payback.
- Largest solar array to date in Purcellville, Virginia